PCUSA website
Pisgah Presbyterian Church, P.O. Box  243, Corsica, Pennsylvania, 15829   (814) 379-3599


The Presbyterian Church of Bethel was organized near the house of Samuel Jones, four or five miles west of Brookville in an old log school house on the hill just above the present site of the U.P. Church of Jefferson in the year 1824.

Mr. McGarrough was sent to help decide where the house of worship would be located. It was decided to build along the State-road near the Four-mile Spring. The church was erected just a few rods from the Susquehanna and Waterford turn-pike and a few rods east of the present Wayne Cowan residence.

The Rev. Wm. Kennedy was the first Stated Supply in the old church of Bethel. He labored in that capacity for half time from October 13,1825, to April 1827. Mr. Kennedy was dismissed from the Presbytery of Allegheny after his labors closed at Bethel. He went to the state of Indiana, but returned later. Finally he became a member of the Clarion Presbytery in the bounds of which he was laboring at his death. He was buried in Pisgah Cemetery in the year 1850.

At the time Brookville was incorporated in 1831, the Bethel Church was removed to the county seat- As a result there was a distance of fourteen miles between the places of worship, New Rehoboth and Bethel.

A meeting was called to consider the propriety of forming a new church on February 22, 1833, at the home of Robert Barr. Rev. Cyrus Riggs was called to preside, William Douglas was appointed Secretary. As a result of this meeting, it was properly agreed that the congregation was to be known by the name of Pisgah. The place of worship was to be on the top of hill south of McAnultys near the Olean Road. Messrs. Samuel Lucas, William Douglas and James Hindman were a committee vested with power to select a suitable site and purchase from five to ten acres of land on either side of Olean Road. Mr. Philip Corbett was to be a commissioner to present the petition to the Presbytery of Allegheny. This was done on Tuesday, June 25, 1833. The request was granted the same day.

At a second meeting April 18,1833, at the Robert Barr home, Mr. John Hindman conducted the meeting and Mr. John Fleming was appointed Secretary. The committee reported ten acres purchased for the sum of fifteen dollars. Philip Corbett's barn to be the place of meeting for the present summer. John M. Fleming was elected to be the stated clerk of said congregation.

Rev. Cyrus Riggs, then pastor of the Scrubgrass Church in Butler County was appointed to preach on the fifth Sabbath of June in 1833. The next day, July 1, 1833, some of the members were dismissed from Bethel Church by certificate to be organized together with some members similarly dismissed from the New Rehoboth Church into the Presbyterian Church of Pisgah. And on July 2, 1833, that organization was effected.

Twenty-five persons 'presented certificates of their regular standing in full communion in the Presbyterian Church or gave such other evidence of it as was satisfactory -

The names of the twenty-five are as follows:
Samuel Davidson
Philip Corbett  
Samuel Lucas
William Corbett
John Wilson
John Hindman
James Hindman
John M. Fleming
William Douglas
Polly Lamb
Robert Barr              
Elizabeth Barr
William Love
Latitia Love



An election for Ruling Elders was held and six of the thirteen men were elected to that office and were ordained and duly installed at that time.

"Thus do we find the church that so many of us love starting out in an old log cabin, twenty-five members on the roll, fully officered with six sterling Ruling Elders and three Trustees, owning ten acres of land, having a barn for a church and a wilderness out of which to gather the congregation."

The church depended on supplies from Presbytery and of their own procuring until the summer of 1840.

Regular meetings of the session were held once each year. In 1840 the roll included 86 names, an addition of 61 in seven years.

Mr. John Shoap, a licentiate of Northumberland Presbytery, supplied the church in the summer of 1834 and continued to January 1835. On September 12,1834, a call was made by the congregation for his ministerial services as pastor of the church for one third of his time. Mr. Shoap was not installed because his health failed him before he was ordained or installed. He died March 13,1835.

Mr. Garry Bishop supplied the church stately from May, 1835 until May, 1836. During the next four years this church had only temporary supplies.

In 1840 the Rev. David Polk became pastor for one-half his time. He continued his services until December 24, 1845. Rev. Polk lived on a farm between Corsica and Roseville, and like Paul, labored with his hands to supplement his meager salary. But the church prospered greatly during this pastorate and the membership increased to 135 members in 1845.

Rev. John Core preached here regularly for one-fourth his time for six months, from April 1,1846.

Rev. Charles P. Cummins, M. D., was installed pastor for one-half his time (the other half given to Brookville) on June 16, 1847 and was released at his own request August 5, 1856. Then called again September 26, 1856 and finally released on September 30,1862.

Rev. J. S. Elder was called in September, 1864, and was installed December 17, 1864, for half time. (The other half of his time was given to Greenville).
Rev. J. M. Hamilton was ordained and installed as minister June 22, 1869. He resigned because of ill health April 26, 1871.

Rev. Ross Stevenson was installed pastor of Pisgah and Troy, later known as Summerville, November 21,1871, for two-thirds time at Pisgah and one-third time at Troy. The pastoral relation continued until February 15, 1876.

For the remainder of the year 1876 and the early part of 1877 the church was supplied by Mr. J. C. Ely, who was at that time Principal of Corsica Academy. A call was made for Mr. Ely at the time of his graduation from the seminary in the spring of 1877, but was not accepted.

Rev. Frank P. Britt accepted a call to Corsica on June 27, 1877. The ordination and installation took place on August 24, 1877. The call was made for half time. (The other half, for the present, to be employed in supplying vacancies.) This relationship lasted until the day of his death, February 6, 1907.

Pisgah observed the Fiftieth Year of its organization in 1883. Rev. Britt wrote a history of the first fifty years at that time.

In 1905 Rev. Britt received the Honorary Degree of Doctor of Divinity from Franklin College and also from his Alma Mater, Washington and Jefferson.

People to the east of this congregation could not come the entire distance to Pisgah to church many times and Dr. Britt went to the Oaks School and at Roseville to preach. From this came the present Chapel at Roseville.

Rev. Francis A. Keams was installed pastor October 28, 1907 and continued until April 1, 1914. During this time ninety-four persons were received by profession and thirty-three by letter. He baptized forty-three adults and forty-two infants.

After Mr. Kearns resigned, the church was occasionally supplied by various ministers until the Rev. J. K. McDivitt was called as pastor, October 1, 1914, and remained until September 1, 1916. During this pastorate there was a successful revival meeting held in cooperation with the local Methodist Church, when eighty-six names were added to the church roll. On April10, 1915, the church adopted the rotary system of Eldership.

Rev. David E. Hepler was called as pastor February 2, 1917, and continued to serve the congregation until he was forced to resign on account of ill health, May 1, 1921, when Rev. Hepler continued to serve Presbytery among the vacant churches. Ex-Governor James A. Beaver said of this man, "He is the best man I ever saw to pull a church together."

Rev. William F. Byers was called as pastor August 14, 1921 and remained until December 29, 1929. During this pastorate the church had a steady and healthy growth, both spiritually and financially.

Rev. A. W. Wright came to Pisagh February 16,1930. He was especially active in Evangelistic work, summer Bible School, and work among the Young People of the church. His pastorate terminated December 17, 1939.

Rev. John M. Hart was installed as pastor July 2, 1940 and remained until September 10, 1944. He was an earnest worker with the congregation, and with the other Ministers of Corsica and community. Evangelistic meetings were held during his pastorate, some of these meetings with the other congregations.

At the close of World War II the Presbyterian Church U.S.A. undertook to raise the sum of $27,000,000 for rehabilitation and reorganization of churches in Europe and Asia. Our quota was $800.00. This drive was started while Rev. Hart was our minister.

Rev. Henry E. Stammer was our minister from December 6, 1944 to March 31, 1946.

Rev. Cerald L. Palmer ~as installed November 1946. He was an earnest worker with young people and began each sermon with a talk for children. The community will remember him as being a faithful home visitor, and his pastorate was full of spiritual activity. The Restoration Fund was completed during this time and the Every-member Canvass was used for the first time. Rev. Palmer resigned Decemeber 30,1951.

Rev. Ralph G. Fogal came to Pisgah a Seminary graduate and was ordained and installed June 19, 1953. The Youth Budget Plan was successfully started. Rev. Fogal was interested in young people and their activities in the church and community. He grew and developed faster than Pisgah during his nearly four years with us. He resigned April, 1957.

Rev. F. Benton Shoemaker, D.D. served as Interim Minister on two occasions, 1952-53 and May 1957 to July 1958. At previous times he acted as moderator and had taken part in installation of former ministers. Our church continued to grow under his leadership. He completed fifty-five years in the ministry the week of the one hundred twenty fifth anniversary of Pisgah.

Rev. Charles McMillan was ordained and installed on July 2,1958, during the 125th anniversary celebration. Upon his graduation from Princeton Theological Seminary he was called to serve Pisgah. His genuine interest in the young people of the congregation enabled him to direct a successful Youth Fellowship. In December, 1962, Rev. McMillan entered the U. S. Army as a Chaplin, and our church lost not only its pastor, but a good friend. The 150th anniversary of Pisgah coincides with "Charlie's" 25th anniversary as an ordained minister. Pisgah offers its congratulations and good wishes on the occasion.

On October 6,1963, Dr. William Lane came to Pisgah, with the intention of only staying 4 years. Dr. Lane stayed until April 30, 1968, and during his pastorate was active in the community and served as Chaplin for the Corsica Fire Company. Ill health hampered Dr. Lane's pastorate, but while at Pisgah, he initiated a church news letter. Dr. Lane and his family were the last to live in the manse.

We were without a minister until November, 1972, when Rev. John G. Mancini was installed as pastor. Rev. Mancini came to us from St. Louis, Missouri, and in order to secure his services it was necessary that Pisgah become yoked with the New Rehoboth-Greenville Church, R. D. 1, Clarion. It was decided to conduct two church services per Sunday, one at 9 a.m. at New Rehohoth-Greenville, and one at 11 a.m. at Pisgah. During Rev. Mancini's eight years at Pisgah, he observed his
25th anniversary as a Presbyterian minister for which a surprise party was held. During Rev. Mancini's pastorate session members served on Task Forces (Worship, Christian Education, Evangelism, Church and Society, Stewardship, and Gifts and Furnishings) to conduct the ecclesiastical business of the church. The Major Mission Fund was successfully begun and completed during Rev. Mancini's pastorate. He was a faithful visitor of the congregation during his ministry and continues to do so since his retirement in October, 1980.

Rev. Cletus Baker came to Pisgah in April, 1982, from Dennison, Ohio. He has continued the Task Force approach to conducting session meetings and considers visitation of shut-ins an important part of his ministry. "Pisgah Pages," the church newspaper has been reinstituted by David Glenn during Rev. Baker's pastorate, and the church choir again actively participates in morning worship.

The first church stood just south of the present building and had five sides. The floor was loose boards placed over the bare ground. An elevated box-like pulpit occupied one of the five corners. Built in the year 1836 at an approximate cost of $1000.00, it was not completely finished until 1841.

The present church was built in 1858 at a cost of $5,113.58. Included in the cost of the building was $500.00 paid for boards burnt while drying in a kiln. The building measured 65 by 50 feet. It was dedicated at a meeting of Presbytery held here in April, 1859. On entering the church you came first to the vestibule that had a small room on each side. Over these two rooms and the vestibule was a large balcony that had seats which were used only on special occasions. Two doors led from the vestibule into the auditorium. The aisles were about six inches below the level of the seats. There were steps at both sides of a narrow high pulpit platform at the front. The intervening space between the platform and the walls was filled by seats which faced the pulpit. At each side and to the back of the pulpit was a large window. At this time the windows were of clear glass. The church was heated by two coal stoves.

The parsonage was effected by the Deacons in 1869, from Richard Arthurs of Brookville at a cost of $2,200.00.

An Estey organ was purchased in 1872 for the sum of $400. It was placed at the back of the church. The choir sat at the back of the church near the organ. The New Presbyterian Hymnal was adopted in 1877. Previous to this time the old book of Psalms and Hymns was used, and one or more "clerks" stood at the front, and the congregation joined in singing. The bell purchased in 1879, is the same one that is used today.

In 1887 the church was remodeled. The balcony was removed and the vestibule rooms taken off. The choir was moved to the front of the church, but remained on the ground floor. The stoves were replaced by heaters placed under the floor. The space left open by removing the stoves was filled with seats taken from the space which was occupied by the choir. The pulpit was moved a few feet forward. The clear glass windows were replaced by the present stained-glass ones, which were donated by various members and groups in the congregation. A large and beautiful chandelier with twelve oil burners and reflectors was installed. In about 1900 the chandelier was replaced by natural gas lights and the heating was changed to gas. Then in 1914 the aisle floors were raised to the level of the pews and the old organ was replaced by a new one. In 1915 an Aid Organization called "The Willing Workers," purchased the piano. In 1926 a new system of lighting was installed.

In 1930 the old straight back seats were replaced by the present curved back seats, and the sanctuary was newly papered and painted.

In 1943, four Sunday School rooms were enclosed at the front of the auditorium, making a new place for the choir directly behind the minister. Again the pulpit was moved a few feet forward. Most of the work was done by Mr. Bird Clover and Mr. Barnett Cummings. The electric organ was purchased in 1949.

The pulpit furniture, communion table and the lighted cross were presented by Mr. and Mrs. C. M. Orcutt in 1940; and the Baptismal Front was given in memory of Mrs. Maude C. Knepshield in 1953.

Over a period of years the church projects of painting, paving of the driveway and landscaping have been contributed to by members and former members.

In the summer of 1952, the windows were re-leaded and re-set. In 1957, the On-ward Class sponsored the purchasing of present carpet.

The Union Christian Endeavor Society Hall, known as the Roseville Chapel, was built in the year 1896, to be used for Clrristian Endeavor, Sabbath School, Preaching of the Gospel and other meetings beneficial to the good moral training of the youth. Rev. Britt preached at the Oaks School and the Hall. At that time more than one denomination used the Hall and Rev. Britt preached there once a month. As time passed the number of services was increased each month. Rev. Wright was the first minister to preach a regular service each Sunday at 9:30 A. M. Sunday School and Church are now held regularly each Sunday.

The first record of a Missionary Society was during Dr. Cummins pastorate. There were no officers elected and no minutes kept. An organized Missionary Society became effected in 1874, by Miss Loring, a returned missionary. The officers who served that first year were: Mrs. M. A. Ardery-President, Miss Hettie M. Reed-Secretary and Mrs. Lizzie Corbett -Treasurer.

A library was maintained by the society, making available books for the members to read. A Snow Flake Mission Band was organized in 1880. One of its functions was to support an orphan in India.

The society has functioned under the following names: Pisgah Home and Foreign Missionary Society, The Pisgah Missionary Society and at present The Westminster Guild. From the beginning it has served to educate about areas of need, to support in those areas in which the need exists and regularly support National and Foreign Missions.

The Ladies at the Roseville Chapel have their own Missionary Society which was organized in November 1897.

People who have entered full time Christian service from Pisgah Church are:
William Barton, Hughes Barton, David Cowan, James Cowan, Fred W. Evans
D.D., Emma Fleming M.D., Thomas R. Johnson, Larry Maize, Frances McKee
Hoskins, Earnest Pascaret, Clark Sell, Thomas J. Stevenson, Henry P. Stevenson,
J., Ross Stevenson, W. J. Wilson, Nelson J. Wright, Zelda Work Marquette, Mary
Work Shook, Jessie Lewis, S. A. Saxon, Thelma Glenn and Charles D. Hindman
making the largest contribution of any church in Clarion Presbytery.

Organists and pianists who have faithfully served during the past years have been:
Taylor McKillip, Lizzie Stevenson, W. C. Whitehill, Aggie Hindman, Ella Hayes, Elizabeth Jones Reed, Harriet Porter Elder, Elizabeth Porter, Marion McKee Graham, Fay Cummings Lucas, Zelda Work Marquette and Lillie Lucas Olson who served from 1915 to 1965.

Clarice Orcutt Kesner has served the church as organist and choir director for nearly 30 years. Wilta Lasher has played both the organ and piano for children's Sunday School for nearly 20 years. Eva Neil played on a part time basis in the late 1960s and early 1970s. Hulda Monrean has served as organist since 1972 and Donna Reynolds since 1980.

The 125th Anniversary Celebration was a five day event starting on Wednesday, June 25, 1958, with a community Prayer Service. Sunday, June 29 a Union Service was held. On Wednesday, July 2 Rev. Charles McMillan was installed and ordained as new pastor. A Home Coming Day picnic was held at noon on Saturday, July 5th. The Anniversary Celebration was culminated in a union Communion Service on Sunday, July 6.

1958 through 1962 under the supervision of special committee headed by Glenn Fitzsimmons the balance of the excavation under the church building was done. A gas furnace was installed and the entire basement rearranged to provide a kitchen, dining hall, school rooms, toilets and another outside entrance.
In 1969 the Manse was sold to the highest bidder for $5,200.00.

In 1972 a new ceiling was put in the Church Auditorium. Since the two old ceilings were beyond repair and were heavy with dirt, old plaster, loose lumber and lath, all had to be torn out and hauled away as rubbish. Most members of the Church and community wanted the ceiling replaced wood just like it was before, but our State Authorities would not approve wood as the material, demanding fire proof construction with thick insulation of fire proof quality materials.

It was a very dirty, dusty, unpleasant and dangerous job, since both old disintegrated ceilings had to be removed along with many years of accumulated dust and debris. The seats had to be removed by the members and protection provided for the carpet and the windows. At times whole sections of the ceiling came tumbling down without any warning, but fortunately no one was hurt, but falling timbers broke some windows, which have been repaired nicely. The final improvement was way beyond expectation, the whole project being a thing of beauty and a joy to the entire community. Although we can all be proud of our part in it, special mention and credit should go to William H. Fleming Jr. as architect, to Craig L. Fleming and his helpers as contractor, to Howard Pierce and Mrs. Elsie Kennedy and Robert G. Burnham, who were ever on the job.

In 1973 a new organ was purchased and dedicated.

In 1974 there was new carpet put in the basement from money donated by Bess Corbett Dampman.

In 1978 a tornado took off a comer of the roof which was repaired along with the bell tower.

In 1978 a new piano was purchased.

In 1979 the church was painted and in 1980 Lexan was put on windows.

In 1980 bookcases in Onward Sunday School Class and bulletin board in back of church was built by George Roberts and Carl Deusch.

1981 a donation of $7,500.00 was given to the church by Cora A. Dickey.

In 1981 the repaired bell was put back into bell tower.

In 1983 the congregation voted to replace old vestibule with a new larger one.


Elders of Pisgah Church
Corbett, Wm.
Lucas, Samuel
Douglass, Wm.
Hindman, James
Fleming, John M.
Davidson, Samuel
Douglass, James
Flemming, Milton
Cochran, Joseph
Sloan, Samuel
Slack, A. M.
Kennedy, Wm..
McComb, John C.
Simpson, John G.

From this date on we have a more accurate record, the date listed is the year stated in session books when elected to office.

Slack, A. M. 1883-93
Moore, Wm. 1883-93
Garvin,J. M. 1883
Porter, R. H. 1883
Jones,J. B. 1892-09
McCullough, D. R. 1892
McKee, David 1892
Haugh, H.D. 1892
Simpson, John G. 1893
Corhett R. M. 1893-09
Reed, Wm. B. 1898-09-15-17-20-23
Morrison, A. H. 1898-09-15, 21-23-26-29-32-35
Kyle, James W. 1898-09
Cowan, W. J. 1898-09-18-21-27
Hindman, L. C. 1912-15
Morrison, J. C. 1912-15-17
Hindman, H. M. 1915-31-34-37-40-43
Fox, John 1915-16
Mcintosh, R. N. 1916
Steel, J. P. 1916-19-22-25-28
Sell, R. C. 1918-24-26-29-32-35-38
Fitzsimmons, R. J. 1919-22-
24-26-29-35-38-44-45-48-51-54
Beeman, S.C. 1920
Armagost, E. S. 1921-24-27-30-33-36-39
McKee, J. H. 1924-27-30-33-36
Smith, F. R. 1925
Sharp, C. M. 1931-34-37-40-43-46-56
Burnham, R. G. 1936-39-42-48-51-52-57
Ehier, M. W. 1938-41-44
Kennedy, Wm. B. 1941
Miller, M. K. 1946-51-55
Cummings, J. Barnett 1945
Cowan, Wayne 1947-50-53-57-62-65-70-71
Stahlman, Wayne 1947-50-53-59-62
Hindman, Harry 1947-49-52
Armagost, TJ. 1947-49-52-58-61-62-65
McKinley, Geo. Sr. 1952-55-58-59
Rhodes, Dean 1955-59-62-63-66-68-71-71-75-78-79
Kessler, i.E. 1956-61-64-65-67-68-71
Williams, Victor 1958-64-67
Martz, Fred 1961-64-65-68-69-72
Gray, Donald 1963-66-67-70-71-74
McKinley, George 1964-67
Fitzsimmons, Glenn 1965-68-69-72-72-73
Simkins, M. L. 1966-69
Alderton, Russell Sr. 1966-69-80-81
Lasher, Richard 1967-70-71-74
Pierce, Richard 1973-76-79-82
Alderton, Ronald 1973-76 77-80-81
Glenn, David 1974-77-78-81-82
Miller, Charles W. 1974-77-80-83
Shofestall, Pat 1975-78
Monrean, John 1975-78
Monks, John 1976-79-81
Corbett, Ruth 1976-79-83
Fitzsimmons, Barbara 1977-80-82
Roherts, Ruth 1979-82
Alderton, Russell Jr. 1980-83
Pierce, Betty 1983
Stahiman, Wayne 1959-62
Mendenhall, John 1960-62
Smith, Charles J. 1960-63-70-73

The Elders listed for Pisgah Church have been taken from the records of the Session books. We trust that we have been able to list all that nobly served. However we find that there were a few years when the records were lost, there is a possibility that some have been missed. When the church was organized an Ordained Elder served until he asked to be replaced, or until time of death. We have for the first 50 or 75 years several men that served for an extended length of time. In later years the records are more complete and you can note the years of service from the list above. The Rotary system of Eldership was adopted in April 1915.

The first six Elders to serve Pisgah Church were as follows, Wm. Corbett, Samuel Lucas, Wm. Douglass, James Hindman, John M. Flemming and Samuel Davidson.

The Trustees through the years
Moore, J. C.
Mills, Michael
McComb, John
Reed, W. B. 1896
Moore,J. T. 1898
Porter, A. E. 1910
Jones, H. T. 1910
Hindman, W. J. 1905
Hindman, C. ['.1910
Baker,J. 1910
McCauley, J. 1910
Butler, Clark 1915-19-25
Shaffer, A. L. 1915-l&27-29-32-35
Fitzsimmons, R. J. 1915-16
Hindman, Mark 1915
Lucas,J. 0. 1915-19-24-27
Simpson, H. 1915
Butler, I. C. 1916-22
Porter, M. B. 1917
Hindman,{ M. 1917
Steel, Clark 1918-21
Simpson,J. T. 1918-23-26
Moore, J. W. 1918-21-23-26
Smith, F. R. 1919-22
Sell, James J. 1920
Ruffner, J. A. 1921
McGregor, S. P. 1924-27-30-33
Morrison, Clyde 1925-28-31
Summerville, E. H. 1928-31-34-37-40-43-46-49-52-57-60
Ray, R. M. 1929-32-35-38, 41-44-47-50
McKinley, George 1930-33-36-39-42-45-48-51
Fitzsimmons, Chas. 1934-37
Armagost, T. J. 1935-38-41
Kennedy, Wm. Clair 1933-36-39-42-45-48-51-63-66
Rhodes, R. L. 1937-40-43-46-49-52-55
Moore, N. C. 1941
Orcutt, Cad. M. 1943-44-47-50
Sinikins, Leroy 1950-53-56
Whitehill, P. 1952
Oaks, A. 1952-54-65-68-71-74
Cummings, J. B. 1953
Moore. R. N. 1953-57
Glenn, Paul l954-58~58-61~70-7l, 82
Mendenhall, John 1955
Broscious, Clarence 1955-59-62-64-67-72-74
Shofestall, E. 1965
Moore, Wm. 1958-61
Love, Harold 1959-62, 66-69-82
Haugh, Arthur 1960-63
Lasher, Richard 1960-63
Stahlman, Frank 1961-64
Alderton Russell Sr. l96l-64~70-73
Stahlman, Stanley 1963-66
Pierce, Howard 1962-65-72-7576-79
Fitzsimmons, Glenn 1962-65-74-77
Summerville, Edward 1965-68-69-72
Gray, X. Z. 1966-69~7l-73
Glenn, Miriam 1967-70
Brocious, Keith 1967-70
McKinley, John A. 1968-70
Kessler, Doris 1968-71
Walters, P. L. Jr. 1962-65-72-75
Monrean, John 1970-73
Roberts, Ruth 1973-76
Burnham, David 1973-76~77-80-8l
Shofestall, John 1974-77-79-82
Love, David H. 1974-75
Alderton, Russell 1975-78
Simkins, M. L. 1976-77
Roberts, George 1977-80
Love, Patti 1978-79-82
Alderton, Richard 1978-81
Martz, Jane 1978-81
Powell, Glenn 1980-83
Fitzsirnmons, Lawrence 1980-83
Corbett, James L. 1981
Fitzsirnrnons, Lucille 1983
Reynolds, Donald 1983


The only record of the Trustees were from Congregational meetings listed in Session records. We are very sorry but for many years the minutes of these meetings were not recorded, but we feel that the above list is as near complete as possible. We trust that we have been able to list all that nobly served over the period of years.











THE ONE HUNDRED AND FIFTIETH ANNIVERSARY OF OUR CHURCH

THE PROGRAM

Saturday, July 2,1983
1 p.m. - 2:30 p.m. Musical Celebration, Selections
by Church Choir and local musicians.
2:30 - 5:00 p.m. Free Time
5:00 - 6:30 p.m. Catered Picnic
7:00 p.m. "Fond Memories of Pisgah" -Presented
by former ministers and local residents.

Sunday, July 3, 1983
10:30 a.m. - Extended morning worship service with
former ministers participating. Special recognition of
Rev. Charles McMillan, on the 25th anniversary of
his ordination and installation at Pisgah.
12 noon - Reception in Church Social Room.

O where are kings and empires now

Of old that went and came?

But, Lord, Thy Church is praying yet,

A thousand years the same.

We print this program of our 150th Anniversary so that when we look back in years to come we might think over these happy days and events as a milestone in our church history, yes, but also with the vision as to what we as a congregation, or a member of any congregation can do towards our help in the Church of Tomorrow.



Current Church Officers Rev. Cletus V. Baker, Pastor
Trustees
David Burnham
Paul Glenn
Harold Love
Don Reynolds
Lucille Fitzsimmons
Jim Corbett
Elders
Ruth Corbett
Barbara Fitzsimmons
Betty Pierce
John Monks
Ronald Alderton
David Glenn

The 150th Anniversary Committee
David GlennChairman
Bonnie LoveSecretary
Miriam GlennTreasurer
Nancy CorbettHistory and Research
Jane MartzMemorial plates
Hulda MonreanAnniversary quilt
Music
Donna ReynoldsMusic
Suzanne ShofestallMusic and Publicity
Jane ShofestallPublicity
Pat ShofestallPublicity
Betty PierceAnniversary buffet
Kathy GlennPictures
Rev. Cletus BakerAnniversary worship service
Rich AldertonAnniversary book
Linda BurnhamAnniversary book
Patty LewisAnniversary book
Barbara FitzsimmonsAnniversary book
David Burnham 
Betty Burnham
Jackie Monks
Our History
Margaret Davidson
Margaret Corbett
Margaret Lucas
Mary Corbett
Rebecca Wilson
Sarah Hindman
Rachel Hindman
Jane Fleming
David Lamb
Christwell Whitehill
Sarah Whitehill

Garvin, J.M.
Corbett, R. M. Commissioner to General Assembly Los Angeles, Calif. 1903
Porter, R. M.
Moore, Wm.
Hindman, Wm.
Summerville, Wm.
Rodgers, Mark
Cowan, James
Elders listed on Session re cords July 1883
McComb, John C.
Kennedy, W. B.
Simpson, John C.
Corbett, R. M.